Update: Due to the Federal government shutdown, some of the links that go directly to the Census Bureau may be temporarily offline. The State web site is still up and running, though!
Are you in need of statistical information related to the State of Maryland, and are not sure where to start?Consider browsing the Maryland State Data Center Web site (http://www.mdp.state.md.us/msdc/).
The data center is a partner with the US Census Bureau, compiling statistics of particular interest to the State of Maryland. However, it is not limited to Census data. You can also find data from other agencies like the Bureau of Economic Analysis and the Maryland Department of Planning.
Featured resources include:
- A link to the Maryland Statistical Handbook, which includes population statistics as well as data related to crime, economics, education, and more. (Also see flip-book below.)
- Summaries of county-specific data.
- The Data Center's blog, The Maryland Data Mine.
- Map application for American Community Survey data, which allows you to create custom maps for selected Maryland data sets. (Found under the ACS tab.)
- Many more options to be found just by browsing the Web site!