Do you have a research project you are working on that you need help finding sources or other resources for but think that it may take longer than a few minutes to work with a reference librarian at the Reference Desk?
The Ort Library offers Research Consultations where you can make an appointment to meet one-on-one with a librarian for 30 minutes (or longer if needed). The research consultation provides an opportunity to:
- Get started on a research project (i.e., identifying a topic, developing a search strategy, discovering the appropriate databases and other research tools.
- Identify research materials inside and outside of the library.
- Evaluate the relevance and usefulness of selected research materials.
- Use library services and collections such as Special Collections and Government Documents.
- Work with equipment such as the microform readers.
You can schedule a time to meet with a librarian by selection the Research Requests link on the library’s home page or clicking on the following link to fill out the Research Consultation form: http://www.frostburg.edu/lewis-ort-library/userserv/research-consultation-services/