Maclean's AP 5 M2
- an interview with Harvard psychologist Gene Heyman, who argues that drug or alcohol addiction is "a matter of personal choice, not a sickness (p. 19).
- Nicholas Kohler illuminates the trend of Canadians buying foreclosed properties in the U.S.'s Southwest (p. 36).
ARTnews N1 A6
- a report on interactive performance art, "You Had to Be There," (p. 70).
- a report on new strategies museum directors are implementing to "help people feel welcome, engaged, and emotionally fulfilled" (p. 76).
The New Republic June 17 AP 2 N624
- The cover story is actually a book review: Isaac Chotiner roughs up Ariana Huffington's Right Is Wrong: How the Lunatic Fringe Hijacked America, Shredded the Constitution, And Made us All Less Safe (And What You Need to Know to End the Madness (p. 29).
- "Spent: America After Consumerism"--Amitai Etzioni discusses the role of conspicuous consumption in our current economic malaise (p. 20).
Science June 5 P1 S35
- features on the origin of sexual reproduction (p. 1254), hydrogen cars (p. 1257), and farm-bred tuna (p. 1260).