Kanopy may be accessed via the Library’s A-Z Databases web page. In addition, citations and links to the films are included in the OneSearch search engine located on the Ort Library website. FSU students, faculty and staff will be asked to enter their 14-digit barcode number and last name to access Kanopy films and other Library resources from off-campus.
Faculty & Staff: Please note that Kanopy videos cannot be embedded in Blackboard at this time, but may be linked to from your courses. Please follow these instructions to link to Kanopy videos from Blackboard courses:
- Find the video you are interested in having your class view.
- Below the video, click on the Share button.
- Click on Share link.
- A URL is provided for you to copy. This link will be pasted in your Blackboard course by creating an item, assignment, etc.
- To ensure off-campus access to Kanopy films, make sure to add the Library's proxy prefix (http://proxy-fs.researchport.umd.edu/login?url=) in front of the URL. For example, the film URL http://frostburg.kanopystreaming.com/video/color-wheel provided by Kanopy should be added your Blackboard course as http://proxy-fs.researchport.umd.edu/login?url=http://frostburg.kanopystreaming.com/video/color-wheel. Off-campus users will be asked to enter their 14-digit barcode number and last name to authenticate into Kanopy to view the video.
- When creating the link in Blackboard as an item, assignment, etc., after pasting the link in the box, choose "Open in New Window" from the drop down.
If you have questions about accessing or using Kanopy, please contact the Ort Library Reference Desk at 301-687-4424, email@example.com or via online chat. If you need assistance linking to Kanopy videos from Blackboard, please contact the FSU Instructional Design & Delivery team.