Our first two March Book Madness tournaments were such a success, the Ort Library has decided to hold the March Book Madness Tournament again. Just like the NCAA Basketball Tournament that will be held during March, the Ort Library will hold its own tournament, only our tournament will crown one book the Champion of March Book Madness. Eight different categories of books were selected and through a tough and rigorous process, the library staff narrowed down the list of books to eight books in each category, for a total of 64 books.
Voting for the Round of 64 begins on Friday March 4 and ends on Monday March 7.
The categories are:
- Books I've Read More than Once
- Books I Was Forced to Read in High School but "Kinda Liked Anyways"
- Books that are Better than the Movie
- Books on my Bucket List
- Books Made into Great Movies
- Books Written About Animals
- Books I Lied About Reading
- Books I Ask Myself "Why is this a Classic?"
Just like in the NCAA Tournament, we will start out with 64 teams (books). Student, faculty, and staff votes will determine which books move onto the Round of 32. Once the 32 books are selected, additional rounds of voting will take place to get to the Championship title game. The Champion Book will be crowned on Monday, April 4, 2016.
There are three (3) ways to vote:
- Paper ballots will be available in the library by the March Book Madness display case.
- A Library Guide has been created so that you can see the brackets and vote online. The guide can be accessed via the following link: http://libguides.frostburg.edu/march-madness16
- On the Library Guide, there is a PDF bracket that you can download, save, and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Voting for the Round of 64 begins on Friday March 4 and ends on Monday March 7. Voting for the titles in the Round of 32 will begin on March 8 and end on March 11. Voting for the Sweet 16, the Elite 8, the Final Four, and the Championship will take place after Spring Break.
Some of the books selected for March Book Madness will be available for your review on the main floor of the library (3rd floor). Just look for the March Book Madness display case.
Some of the books for March Book Madness will also be available for you to check out on the main floor of the library (3rd floor). Just look for the display stand near the March Book Madness display case.
If you have any questions, please contact Theresa Mastrodonato at email@example.com or 301-687-4425.