The web site is a joint effort of the Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Highlights of this resource include:
- Food recalls - information about current food recalls as well as an option to subscribe to e-mail alerts.
- Food safety charts - information about food storage, cooking times, and temperatures
- Emergency preparedness guidelines such as ensuring safe food and water after an emergency
- "Ask Karen" - ask questions about food safety or browse a database of past questions and answers. An online chat is also available.
- Expert assistance - The "Other Resources" option under "Ask the Expert" provides a list of contacts for assistance in various topics
Every week, the Ort Library brings you a new and outstanding resource from the Web or from one of the library's databases. To get an archive of all FOR entries, click here. Also, you can suggest a website that provides well-organized access to useful info.