Do you face challenges finding vital research information for your class paper or project, thesis, dissertation, article or book you are writing, or that workplace report you need to submit? Dr. Seán Henry will host three open library tools and tips sessions to help you with these, whether you are a student, faculty or staff member.
· Mon., Oct 13: 3:30 – 5 PM;
· Tues., Oct. 14: 6 – 7:30 PM;
· Wed., Oct. 15: 6 – 7:30 PM
Where: Ort Library Instruction Classroom (Library 316 – just inside the main entrance to the left)
Light refreshments will be served!
These three sessions are open to the entire FSU community. Even if you are a seasoned researcher, you might want to consider stopping by to see what’s new, because some library tools you may have relied on for the last decade -catalogUSMAI and Research Port - may be replaced soon!
The 90-minute open sessions will cover:
- Using expert tips to develop effective search strategies
- Finding books, eBooks, articles, and more using the library discovery tool OneSearch
- Navigating databases in your discipline at Databases A-Z
- Citing, saving, and managing the sources you find with personalized database tools
- Creating off-campus links to database articles and journals without login glitches
- Manipulating Google Scholar to locate full-text research articles from the library databases
Questions about the sessions? Please contact Seán Henry at email@example.com