Creative commons license: Cinema Book Shop
As finals week comes to an end, and you prepare for a much-deserved break between semesters, you might find yourself more in the mood for some pleasure reading. Sometimes, it can be hard to decide what your next book should be. Below are some resources that may help you pick out your next book!
- What Should I Read Next? - Enter a favorite book or author to see a list of similar works to consider reading.
- Your Next Read - Recommendations based on favorite books.
- Novelist Plus - This also provides recommendations based on reader interests and past favorites. (Please note that this database is a subscription database, and the link points to Allegany County Public Library's list of databases. You need to have an Allegany County Library Card to access this. If you live outside of Allegany County, check with your home public library to see if they also have access to this or a similar database.)
- GoodReads - Create an account to find recommendations from your friends and other members with similar interests.
- National Public Radio Book Reviews
- New York Times Book Reviews
Of course, you can also browse the shelves of the library or your favorite bookstore (in-person or online), as well as simply talking to your friends about some of their favorite reads.
Enjoy your break as you escape into your next good book!